Last weekend, I literally laughed out loud watching an evening news segment during which a Democratic candidate for President offered his big idea of giving all adults $1,000 per month. It appears to be a competition to see how much taxpayer money these candidates can offer up to the masses. I mean really, who wouldn’t want an extra $1,000 per month? The problem is, how to pay for it.
While President Donald Trump’s New York street language often confronts my “Minnesota Nice” upbringing, I can’t ignore his success and his ability to offer real solutions to our nation’s economic and domestic woes.
We’re seeing upward mobility in the job markets, the lowest unemployment rates in history across the various demographic categories, and continued progress towards keeping our enemies at bay.
While I wasn’t raised to speak like Trump, the reality has set in for me that to make progress under our current legislative conditions, the mold has to be broken.
Our legislators of all parties have failed us. They have reached a stalemate. Smashing through the political stand-still can only be accomplished by someone who can stand up to political correctness at a time when the national media would rather encourage outrage rather than provide meaningful analysis. It’s soul searching time for the media and Congress.
Our legislators, like our media, have misplaced their charge of serving the public. They serve their own agendas and are not tending to their constituents’ best interests. Media pays reporters cash for clicks rather than aiming for excellence in reporting and long-term credibility. Congressmen position themselves for re-election by appealing to emotions rather than taking appropriate actions to improve the state of our country.
The major media and Congress have approval ratings that are lower than the President’s, yet they insist on continuing business as usual.
The President’s approval rating continues to improve despite his brash methods. He is moving America forward the only way it can be done under the current climate.
Those who don’t appreciate Trump will have to continue to contend with him until our elected officials in Congress begin to work for America’s improvement. Roaring crowds at Trump rallies are the envy of his opponents and the bane of his detractors. Could the Media and Congress be missing something?
Here is a list of successes of the Trump administration to write a letter to the editor about:
- Economy & Jobs
- The Tax Cuts & Jobs Act
- 6 Million New Jobs
- Record Low Unemployment
- 350,000+ Manufacturing Jobs
- Building the Wall: $1.6 Billion on Funding
- Office of Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE)
- Cracking Down on Sanctuary Cities
- Foreign Policy
- Enforcing Fair & Reciprocal Trade
- Building Confidence and Respect for America
- National Security & Defense
- Expanding and Modernizing Our Military
- Defeating ISIS and Terrorism
- Eliminated 22 Regulations for Every New Regulatory Action
- Saved $8.1 Billion in Net Regulatory Cost Savings
- Health Care
- Eliminated the Obamacare Individual Mandate
- Extended CHIP to Fund Health Care for 9 Million Children
- Expanded Choices & Increasing Competition
- Passed Legislation that now Holds VA Caregivers Accountable
- Fully Funded the V.A. Choice Program