“Being charged with leading a state with so much promise, all I can promise is the sweat off my brow, a full heart, my best judgment and the courage of my convictions. Thank you, Florida!” — Ron DeSantis
Florida’s 46th Governor has gotten right to business…
First Some Housekeeping
- Broward Sheriff Scott Israel is suspended for neglect that led to the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, which left 17 people dead on February 14, 2018.
- Superintendent of Schools Mary Beth Jackson is suspended based on allegations of failure to adequately protect the safety and well-being of students in Okaloosa County.
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Susan Bucher is suspended for incompetence and neglect of duty during the 2018 midterm elections, while the resignation of Broward County Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes’ resignation is confirmed.
- Forty-six of Scott’s lame-duck nominations to state boards are rescinded.
- The Groveland Four are pardoned for crimes they did not commit.
On To New Matters:
- An Executive Order is signed to take immediate action to protect Florida’s water and environment.
- The State Legislature is asked to change Florida Law to allow smoking medical marijuana.
- Conservative Third District Court of Appeals Judge Barbara Lagoa and Judge Robert Luck are appointed to replace two of three justices retiring in January.
Into The Future:
- Affirmed Florida’s steadfast support of the State of Israel.
While touring Hurricane Michael recovery efforts with FEMA, reporters clashed with DeSantis, and Senate Democrats are not warmly embracing our new Governor. The challenges ahead and the resistance will be taxing. We are fortunate to have Governor Ron DeSantis leading the great state of Florida and as grateful Republicans let’s all be sure to say: