Keeping Collier County Great helps us Keep America Great. When Republicans win Collier County, we help Republicans win Florida. We all agree that we need to re-elect President Trump in November, which means we must turn out the greatest Republican vote possible. Our 2020 Campaign Team has developed a strong strategy for turning out even more voters who share our Republican values.
We need everyone to help now on the first important step in Florida for President Trump’s re-election. The 2020 Presidential Preference Primary will be held on March 17, 2020. We want President Trump to win this Primary with a huge number of votes from his home state of Florida. Collier County Republicans want to show their strong support for our President’s re-election.
While it would be easy to be complacent and stay home because ‘we know he will be our nominee’, getting out the Primary vote will show the Democrats that we are fully united behind our candidate. They will still have many candidates on the ballot for the Florida 2020 Presidential Preference Primary and will continue to demonstrate their lack of a strong candidate.
The Presidential Preference Primary in Florida is a closed primary. In order to vote, a voter must be registered in one of the political parties. Each of you can help now by encouraging new residents to register as Republicans. You can also encourage those who are already registered with ‘No Party Affiliation’, aka NPA’s, to change their affiliation to Republican. Those who have moved here from other states may not understand our voting rules. It is up to us to explain our process and to get them out to vote in March. We don’t want anyone to be turned away at the polls and not be able to vote. We have the best Supervisor of Elections, Jennifer Edwards. Voters can find answers to most of their questions on the website https://www.colliervotes.com.
February 18, 2020 is the deadline to register to vote or change party affiliation for the Presidential Preference Primary. New voters can register:
- in person at the Supervisor of Elections Office located at 3750 Enterprise Ave. or at licensing offices for drivers;
- online at https://colliervotes.com;
- by mail using the form for new voter registration available online at https://www.colliervotes.com/Register-to-Vote/Registration-Application and mailing it to the Supervisor of Elections, 3750 Enterprise Ave., Naples, FL 34104.
Some individuals who register at the same time that they get their Florida drivers license are not comfortable declaring their party affiliation in a public space. For those who have already registered as NPA’s, it is simple for them to change their affiliation online at https://www.colliervotes.com/Register-to-Vote/Update-Voter-Information or at the Supervisor of Elections office.
Voters have the following options to vote in the Presidential Preference Primary:
- Voting in person early March 7 to 14;
- By requesting a Vote-by-Mail ballot at https://www.colliervotes.com/Vote-by-Mail/Vote-by-Mail-Ballot-Request. Unlike some other states, a voter does not need to be absent from the state on election day to vote by mail. The deadline to request a ballot is March 7;
- Voting on election day March 17.