https://colliergop.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/trump-hugging-flag.jpg 640 960 Frank Schwerin https://colliergop.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/CC-Republicans-Logo-300x93.png Frank Schwerin2020-04-08 11:52:572020-04-08 11:53:25Trump and the Corona Virus
Trump and the Corona Virus
President Trump and the White House Coronavirus Task Force are leading an unprecedented, comprehensive, and aggressive whole of America approach to slow the spread of the virus. This response started in January. Recent actions taken:
- The President is extending the White House and CDC guidelines to slow the spread until April 30.
- We have conducted over 1.8 million tests nationwide. No nation has developed a more robust testing capacity.
- 1,200 Abbott Machines have been shipped to hospitals nationwide and 500 more are being produced weekly.
- The Army Corps of Engineers is building 22 field hospitals and alternate care sites in 18 states.
- The facilities can support more than 15,000 beds to treat patients in need.
- More than 8,000 ventilators have been sent from the national stockpile to states.
- 110,000 more ventilators are arriving in the coming days.
- 27 Project Airbridge flights – carrying much needed supplies – are scheduled for the near future.
- 5 planes are scheduled to arrive today.
- President Trump addressed the disproportionate impact of coronavirus on black Americans.
- To provide much needed relief for small businesses, the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) began accepting applications last week. On Friday, independent contractors and self-employed individuals can apply.
- The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is a nearly $350 billion program – included as a provision in the CARES Act – that provides 8 weeks of cash flow assistance to small businesses.
- Over 13,000 loans valued at more than $4.3 billion have already been allocated.
- President Trump will ask Congress to secure an additional $250 billion for the PPP.
- The CARES Act is providing continued relief for workers and small businesses including additional payroll tax credits, supplements to state unemployment benefits, and expansions to the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program.
- Private sector partners continue to step up and produce much needed personal protection equipment (PPE), respirators, ventilators, and supplies that are being delivered to COVID-19 hotspots across the country and all 50 states. This is truly a whole of America response.
- The White House Coronavirus Task Force remains in constant communication with world, Federal, State, and Local officials. The public and media continue to be informed through press conferences and interviews.
- Polls continue to show Americans are approving of the President’s response efforts:
- A Grinnell College/Selzer national poll showed 50% approve of the President’s COVID -19 response.
- An Economist/YouGov national poll show 50% approve of the Presidents’ response efforts.
- A Reuters/Ipsos national poll shows a similar trend – 48% approve.
- A Gallup poll showed 77% approved of the relief package recently signed into law.
- Americans know President Trump is fighting for them during these challenging times.
- To celebrate examples of heroism and patriotism the White House launched the social media hashtag #AmericaWorksTogether.
Democrats’ Proposed Election Changes
- Democrats are attempting to use the global coronavirus outbreak to make nationwide election changes to fit their far-left agenda and give them a political edge.
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled against allowing ballots to be cast after Election Day is over.
- The decision will help protect the integrity and orderly administration of future elections.
- Democrats’ calls for a national all-mail election would fundamentally change our voting process a mere 7 months before the election.
- Most states do not have expertise in vote-by-mail elections, and it could result in significant problems to impose this one-size-fits-all approach so late in the game.
- Democrats’ all-mail ballot proposal is nothing but an attempt to install ballot harvesting nationwide.
- Even Joe Biden doesn’t support those in his party who are pushing for federally-mandated vote-by-mail, saying he “prefers to have in person voting.”
- Democrats’ plan would allow any person to return an unlimited number of absentee ballots, and in some cases get paid to return ballots.
- Vote by mail and legalized ballot harvesting would greatly expand opportunities for fraud and weaken confidence in our election process.
- Even the New York Times noted “fraud is easier by mail.”
- Liberal election law expert Richard Hasen has said fraud committed via vote by mail is “the most common kind of voter fraud.”
- The Republican Party supports free and fair elections and are open to being flexible on voting changes in light of the coronavirus, but we must also ensure the integrity of our elections.
- This pandemic cannot be used as an excuse to throw election integrity out the window.
- The RNC is fighting this effort to take away every election safeguard.
- The RNC and Trump campaign are undergoing a more than $10 million dollar effort to challenge Democrats’ voting-related lawsuits, hold state and election officials accountable when necessary, install a robust Election Day Operations Program (EDO), and prevent intimidation of our voters, political staff, and volunteers.
- What We Are Reading:
- Fox News: Harmeet Dhillon: Coronavirus and elections – Dems doing this to gain political edge
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!